It's a dream come true. My husband and daughter on a horse. I love it.
We've been visiting the Fasteson's horses lately to brush them and whatnot. Cora LOVES it. She's a girl after my own heart.
I finally started another blog. I've been thinking about doing it for a while. It's called "The Nifty Thrifty Homemaker." Yeah I know, the title is really corny, but I've been wanting to start a blog like this for months. Please go check it out and tell me what you think. I JUST started it today, I have to finish the design and make a banner. I can't believe it's September. My baby will be 2 in just over 1 week! I went out and bought her gift today. I got her a small Fisher Price Little People dollhouse (she LOVES dollhouses) and an umbrella. She loves umbrellas for some reason. I always buy her a toy for her birthday because I rarely ever buy her new stuff...and toys are fun to buy. We're having her birthday party Sunday September 21st at 3pm. I'm making pulled pork. with rolls of course, party potatoes, and my mom is making meatballs. My grandmother is making a salad and the other one is making chicken wings. For dessert, I have Cora's elmo cake I will be making for the kids, and then I am making apple crisp for everyone else. It's not going to be huge, I think 14 adults and 6 kids. I just wanted to have a little get-together.
Cora just amazes me. The things she says and does, she just cracks me up. She's doing great with potty training. We're just having trouble with her remembering to go when she has clothes on and just panties. When shes naked (at home only of course) she goes every time. She looks so darn cute in her elmo panties. I just want to eat her up.
God has really been blessing us the passed month in so many ways. We currently own two cars, a Honda which Justin commutes with, and our Jeep. The Honda broke down a few weeks ago over near Justin's work. I had to go over there and we rented a tow dolly to bring it to the mechanic. It was going to cost over $800 to fix! We just weren't sure if it was even worth that. So we were mulling it over. Then my grandfather called me and told me he already talked to the mechanic and wants to pay for it. I tried talking him out of it, honestly, we don't need hand outs, but it was something he really wanted to do for us. Bless his heart.
Last Friday a girl I went to high school with. Holly Anderton, passed away after a 5 year battle with liver cancer. My best friend and I went to her wake last night. It was just awful. This was the 5th person to die that I knew from high school, and every time it just kills me. She was only 21. :(
1 comment:
The picture of Cora on the horse is so cute. It sounds like things are going well for you guys. I get a kick out of updates on my cousins. Who knew blogging would keep you up-to-date on family.
Love your cousin Mandi
Post a Comment