Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sick & Exhausted

Monday afternoon Cora woke up from her nap and was very lethargic. I checked and she had a slight temp, but she was so sick looking I wanted to give her medicine. She always took medicine without a problem, but apparently that no longer holds true. We'd go to give it to her and she'd say "I don't want it". We tried giving it to her one more time. She spit it out and threw up all over the place. We took a shower and then she pretty much laid already half sleepy all day. When bedtime came, she would not go in her crib. I'd get near it and she'd scream her head off. So I brought her in bed. All night she kept waking up, sweating, sometimes screaming "no don't want it!" If I tried to touch her to calm her she freaked out. I think her fever made her a bit delusional. At 5am her temp was 102.9, but she wanted to go back to sleep with me so we fell asleep. About an hour later I woke up to her puking all over my chest. Fun. She would not let me put her down, so Justin had to clean me up. The rest of the day she was so clingy. Her temp at 8am was 100.1 so I was relieved. At noon I had lunch and she ate with me, and afterward was 100% normal. She was running around yelling and acting like she was never sick.

But now, she is SO clingy. I think she has separation anxiety. And she hates going in her crib. I felt so suffocated because she didn't even want to go to Justin, and if I tried to do something that involved leaving the room, she freaked. Last night Justin got up with her (Wednesday night is his night off during the week) because everytime I tried putting her back to sleep she just screamed for me to hold her. She did pretty well I suppose, although she got up 4 times, she never screamed so much that we decided to bring her in bed. But getting her down is so difficult, and this waking thing has been going on for weeks.

To add to the exhaustion, today we go swimming with a bunch of our friends at my grandparents (they have a rope swing at the lake in their backyard) and even though I didn't feel 100%, I went off the swing a few times. Soon my body and head starting aching. I came home and Justin watched Cora so I could nap, now I have a temp of 101.6. I never liked being sick, but it's so much worse when you have to still be mommy, isn't it? And I can't even count on her sleeping tonight. It's tough. I just want to sleep!

3 comments:

Brad Christensen said...

o man! Thats just the worst. hang in there. Brad and I and the kids will be coming out the end of september. I'm a little bit nervous because we don't have anywhere to stay that will fit all of us, but I'm super excited to spend time with everyone. I'll give you a call later and we can make some plans.

A Happy Family said...

We hope you get to feeling better soon, Christina. Can you believe that Cora is going to be 2 soon? We can't get it around our minds that Lily will be one in less than a month. Time keeps flying.

Tiffany said...

I EF-ING hate that. I never get help when i'm sick. I still have to do everything i normally do, which sucks because then i'm sick that much longer. Ya know, Like normally you'd recover after a day or two but my illness' last an average of a week because i have to keep exhausting myself every day. FREAKIN SUCKS.

Sounds like you guys have a 24 hr flu going around?