Our fourth was actually nice. I woke up and it was all rainy and nasty looking outside, but it stopped raining and although the sun didn't really come out, the rain held off. We went to my grandparents and went jumping off their rope swing and playing out on the boats. That night we went to Jared & Rebecca Fasteson's to have a bonfire, s'mores, and light off some little fireworks. Cora had fun, and we all didn't get to bed until 10:30.
Last night my dad was doing a fireworks show at Matunuck (a beach community) and they needed help, so Justin helped them set up and everything. We got to play in the ocean and bit and had some pizza. The show wasn't very big, it was only a $5k because it's completely funded by the donations by the people who own summer cottages over there, but it was still really nice. Cora LOVED them. I wasn't sure how she'd react to 'real' fireworks. We brought headphones for her and she just stared and kept pointing and saying "pretty!" Justin got to actually light a bunch of the fireworks so it was pretty cool. We didn't get home until late again.
I'm so bad....I don't have any pics. It's hard to take pics while trying to watch Cora and make sure she doesn't take off (which she does a lot) so a lot of times I end up leaving my camera in the car.
11 years ago
1 comment:
ahhh! fun! I keep trying to get in contact with Jared and Rebecca, but just can't manage. i soo wish you had some pics!
Post a Comment