Sunday, November 8, 2009

H1N1...or something like it

These passed two weeks have been exhausting. The week before Halloween, Cora came down with something awful that involved a cough, body aches, fever (mostly low-grade but almost hit 104 at one point) one night of vomiting and other joyous things. The doctors weren't too concerned. Towards the end of the week, we came into contact with another family when I stopped by to pick Justin up at one point. I let Cora visit with the kids briefly outside. A few days later, they got sick, and tested positive for H1N1. The day after we found this out, Justin got sick and called out of work. Fever, body aches, cough, sore throat, the whole bit. That was Tuesday night, and he has been sick ever since. Today and yesterday he started feeling better, but by the evening he felt awful again.

I am so tired. For two weeks I've been making chicken soup from scratch, taking care of sick hubby and child, and trying desperately to not get sick. I had to miss the talent show at my church last night (I was supposed to be singing) and canceled two birthday parties for fear of possibly having H1N1 and spreading it without knowing. I've been fighting some anxiety over this, as anyone knows, seeing your family sick is hard as it is.

I have updates to make, but I can't concentrate right now. Any prayers are appreciated!

No comments: