Thursday, September 10, 2009

Loving Fall!

It definitely feels like fall here today. The air is cooling down, but I am not at all sad to see the summer go. I always felt that God made all the seasons just the right length; by the time one season is about done, I am ready for the next. (However, this does not count for winter. I wish winter would end the day after Christmas!) I love fall, and already have some of my decorations out. I cooked in the crock pot yesterday and today. This morning I made apple cinnamon muffins, then I made a broccoli quiche for lunch, and all the while, had saucy red beans simmering in the crock pot for a dinner of red beans and rice. It was a pretty fruitful day.

I am really very thankful for our apartment. It's small, but now that we have everything moved in, it feels cozy. I love the way I have been decorating, it really feels like home. I never realized how much I took sunlight and windows for granted until we had lived in that basement apartment. I hardly ever need to have the lights on, I just open the blinds and enjoy the sunshine.

I've recently realized that Cora is very smart. I guess being around her all the time, the change is more subtle. She asks questions about everything, and I do my best to answer them. She loves to learn new things! A few days ago, on our walk to the local library, she found a beautiful red leaf on the ground, so I explained why it turned red. When we got home, we framed it, and now it's part of our decor! I really am very excited to be homeschooling her. Obviously, we haven't really started, since she's still young, but we talk a lot about things that we see, and I get so excited when I see that she understands. She keeps hugging my belly (which is, in my opinion, quite large for being not quite 14 weeks) and she asks me if the baby can sleep in bed with her when it's born. She really will be a good big sister.

I'm planning on taking some photos of our area as fall progresses. For now, check out the photos I posted at The Nifty Thrifty Homemaker. :)

No comments: