Thanks for the pregnancy congratulations! I was so happy to be able to finally share the news.
This pregnancy has definitely been different so far. I had a few weeks where I was completely exhausted all day long, and nauseous of course. We were on vacation in New Hampshire, and I would fall asleep at 8pm every night because I could barely keep my eyes open. The passed couple weeks have been better, but I don't quite have my appetite back yet. (Although today, I did eat cookies for lunch. hehe!) I've decided to use a midwife this time around, for several reasons. I have been seeing an OB/GYN up until this point, but have my first midwife appointment in a few weeks.
We've been living in our new apartment for almost 2 weeks now, and absolutely love it. It's not very big at all, but it's sunny and in a quiet location. And it's not in a basement! It's just a better situation for all of us, although it's on the second floor, and our bedrooms are on the third floor, so I do a lot more stair climbing than I am used to. But that's okay, extra exercise. :)
Justin left for New Hampshire tonight for a guy's weekend. I was going to go, but decided I'd rather just be home. He left me the car and borrowed a friend's car, which is wonderful! Our jeep's engine blew a couple months ago, so we've been dealing with only one car. Which is okay normally, if Justin was on the night shift, but he switched to the day shift until February at least, so I am stuck home all day without a car. So this weekend I'll be out and about while I can be!
Cora is doing great. She is so big and full of personality, and now, the 3 year old sass is kicking in! She can give quite the attitude when she feels like it. But she is really very excited to be a big sister. She keeps saying, "I hope the baby is a girl!" And she tells me she will hold it and share her toys. She turns 3 on September 18th, and her birthday party will be the 20th, complete with a pinata (exactly what is to be determined, since she changes her mind everyday) and a butterfly cake.
Justin just had his 18 month test at work. He has one every 6 months for the first 2 years he is there. He has two chances to pass it, or he loses his job. Luckily, he passed, as he has every other time so far. He also gets a raise every 6 months, which is nice. He will hit his two years in February, and will be a fully qualified ET lineman, which also comes with an almost $4 an hour raise. So we're looking forward to that since I am due in March.
I hope everyone is doing well. I am hoping to be able to update more often now that we're more settled in.
11 years ago
1 comment:
That is AWESOME! about Justins job! So glad to hear things are going well. I bet the sun around more often just helps things too. I know it does for me....Nicole
Post a Comment