Okay, let me start this out by saying that I am NOT the type of person that hosts these kinds of parties. I won't host a product party unless it's something I LOVE. That being said....
My mom is a consultant for Inspiranza Designs, a Christian-based jewelry company. (Not Christian jewelry necessarily...but founded by Christian women.) I was skeptical, but she started showing me her demo pieces as they came in, and I fell in love. Their stuff is gorgeous! It's all sterling silver and very well priced. (I believe 60% of their items are under $40) I hosted a party last night, and only 5 people came, but everyone ordered something. My mom got some great feedback. I'm buying Cora a necklace, they have some children's jewelry. My party closes Friday but I wanted to know if anyone was interested in ordering anything. My mom's link is www.inspiranzadesigns.com/lwilber And you can view all the products online. I personally will vouch for every piece of jewelry I have seen thus far...like I said, I wouldn't promote this if I didn't LOVE it.
Anyway it's time for an update I suppose...
I've been devoting a lot of time to my blog, The Nifty Thrifty Homemaker. I recently hosted my first giveaway, and it went well! I love blogging but it is more work than I thought...in order to keep loyal readers I need to update a few times a week, which isn't always easy. I love it though, and I've met some great people!
I've been busy doing Christmas shopping. We had a limited budget but I stretched it as far as I could. I need to get a few more little things, but otherwise I am done. It's a great feeling...being done early and not having any extra debt, since we saved some money for Christmas this year. Can you believe it's only 22 days away? It's been hard to get into the spirit because we haven't even had snow yet...which, for southern New England, is almost unheard of. Monday it was 60 degrees outside. I couldn't even listen to Christmas music. It felt wrong.
I have some good news! In November, we won the small claims judgement. (Anyone remember the guy who screwed us out of $1,000?) I was worried since they moved to Wyoming, and we didn't know where. I only knew his new employer but not the address (it's a company with several addresses) and I need both those things in order to file a writ of garnishment. (Where they take money out of his paycheck until we're paid up.) Tonight I was searching AGAIN for their information, and somehow came across an address in his wife's name, in Wyoming, 20 minutes from a branch of his company. Going on a hunch, I think this is it! Which is great! So I may have to file a sister judgement for Wyoming (since the claim we won was in Idaho) and then we can send a sheriff to his work to verify that he works there and serve them with the garnishment papers. I feel relieved, but we're not out of the woods. We've been getting along fine without that money, but the fact that someone who was supposed to be our friend ripped us off just because he had the chance, really bothers me. I would never do that to someone. Ever. I just want our money back and that's all.
Cora is doing really well. She's def. 2 years old, she's got an attitude, but now that I'm used to it, I know how to handle her better. She has so much personality, and it's funny when I see some things she does that me or or Justin also do. She's getting so big and talks so much. She has still been having trouble sleeping through the night so we'll be talking to her pedi next week again about it.
No news with the house. Remaining hopeful, if not hopeless....lol.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment