Since I started my blog The Nifty Thrifty Homemaker, I've had almost 1200 unique visitors, which is amazing since it hasn't even been one month. I really love having my own blog that has actually helped others save money. It's just awesome. I always blab to Justin about my blog, what series I am writing, blah blah blah, and I never thought he really listened. But the other day, after I had just saved us $800 a year after researching our car insurance and switching it, he told me how much he appreciates what I do to take care of our money and make sure we spend wisely. I can't even tell you how much that meant to me. Paying close attention to our finances and managing them is one of my ways of honoring and glorifying him. He works hard for what he makes, and I need to be doing my part in making sure it is spent wisely. I enjoy it, and that's one of the ways I know it is a newly God-given pleasure, because I hate math and numbers. lol.
Anyway, as I've been writing and reading others blogs, I've really come to have a new appreciation for the life I have, and it's easy to see what matters and what doesn't. So I wanted to post a few things I am thankful for this week.
1. My little sister finally grew into her 3t clothes, so earlier this week, my mom gave me at least 2 laundry baskets FILLED with 2t clothes. I assumed I would need to buy Cora a new snowsuit and boots for this winter, but my mom had that covered. It was definitely a blessing, because now Cora has enough clothes for all winter!
2. I was driving home on the back roads yesterday and was stuck behind a really slow, old veteran. He was driving just under the speed limit of 35 mph (which no one ever drives down this road) and I thought about passing him (illegally mind you) on a downhill, but decided to just chill out and slow down. And thank goodness I did! There was a cop sitting right there, and I know that if that guy wasn't in front of me, I would have sped by and ended up with my first ticket. So I was thankful to be stuck behind that wonderful old man!
3. My husband is the most wonderful man I have ever met. He's the first one I thank the Lord for every night. I could go on and on about how wonderful he is to me.
4. My daughter has been getting so big. She amazes me every day. She has such spunk and a great sense of humor. Today she was playing a baby doll, and she is such a cute little mom. She sat on the couch and talked and held the baby for a good half hour. And when she did get up, I noticed the baby had cheese in her mouth - apparently, she decided to share her snack. She is just the sweetest little girl, although she has her moments. I love her so much.
5. I am so thankful for our living arrangements. Sometimes we gripe about it, but honestly, we are so blessed to have family that has the room to take us in. Our rent is so much lower here than anywhere else, and the more and more I decorate, the better it looks.
6. We are so blessed that Justin was offered the job he now has. He could never get anything else so high-paying without a degree. Whenever I am worried, I pray, and God provides. We always have enough for the mortgage and all that comes with it, rent, groceries, and everything else, and still have some to save on the side. I am so appreciative and try to remember that all we have comes from the Lord.
That's about it for now, it's time for bed. :)
11 years ago
1 comment:
What a wonderful post! I love reading such uplifting 'literature'! :)
I have a soap-box for hand-me-downs...Gotta love hand-me-downs! Even as the oldes of seven, that's all I wore growing up (they were really nice clothes from cousins that hadn't worn them much! I'm also grateful for the hand-me-downs I get for my boys!
Post a Comment