I decided to walk to the library down the road the other day. I usually drive, even though it's not even a mile away, mostly because the road we live on is a main road and gets a bit more traffic than any other roads in Foster. But I am glad I decided to skip using the car for once. Just breathing in the fresh air and enjoying the fall colors really refreshed me. Sometimes I am just captivated by the beauty of the outdoors. It makes me wonder how anyone can deny God's existence.
I feel so blessed that we are able to live in such a rural small town. If we were to rent a house here, it would cost over $1,000 a month. But my parents only charge us $300 a month for the downstairs apartment. I have been working so hard to decorate it the best I can to make it feel more like home, and it's really made a huge difference. The fact that we have such an affordable place available to us, with our own kitchen and everything, is a huge blessing in of itself. We still miss having our own house, but we know that everything happens in God's time.
Cora is doing great. We've really come together as parents to discipline her, and it's been working well. She can talk so well now, we can even have simple conversations together. We took her to get new shoes a few weeks ago and found out that one foot is almost a whole size bigger than the other, which may be why it's so hard to find shoes that fit her. She can see a horse from a mile away, and knows that when mommy says no to something, go ask daddy. How could he say no? lol.
We took a drive out into Woodstock, CT a few days ago to visit The Christmas Barn. It's an old barn built in 1795 that was turned into a cute Christmas shop. It's actually pretty big, lots of rooms with different themes and items, and the upstairs is filled with ornaments. We went to see the fall decorations mostly. But we'll be back for Christmas.
The next day, we went to get pumpkins at a farm down the road. I love supporting local farmers and his prices were great! I bought 12 gourds to decorate with for $5. We also bought 2 big pumpkins and one medium pumpkin for Cora, and it only cost $9. Justin had first suggested we buy pumpkins at Walmart. I was mortified by his suggestion, lol. I'm glad we found that farm instead.
Justin has been doing well. His body is finally adjusting to working nights. He is pretty much off the energy drinks but now is addicted to Pepsi. Seriously, some days he is so grumpy, I have to hand him one. He is working a 13 hour overtime shift tonight, so that means good money for us! He's such a hard worker, I really appreciate him.
Today was my brother & sister's 6th birthday. I went out with them for dinner since Justin had to leave for work at 4:00. Tomorrow is their party. My parents bought 30 or little pumpkins, and they are going to put them behind the wood pile in the woods on a patch of straw, to make their own little 'pumpkin patch.' Then my dad hooks up the wagon to the ride-on mower and lets the kids go for a 'hayride' to pick out their pumpkins. Such a cute idea. Tomorrow is also the start of the Scituate Art Festival, a big tradition. It's only 10 minutes away and free. Can't beat it. The weather is supposed to be great this weekend so it should be fun.
I know, I have no pictures for you guys. I did a wedding recently and have been booking shoots and for some reason just haven't wanted to pick up my camera much. Fall foliage photos of Foster will be up soon!
11 years ago
1 comment:
I love reading your posts! They're so uplifting and positive! I also look forward to seeing your pictures - you're a natural!
Post a Comment