It's amazing how quickly our place can go from clean to messy. I have a bit of a cold and haven't been at the top of my game the passed 3 days, and man, you can see it in the house. Dishes in the sink, laundry to do. And here I am typing. Figures.
A house came up for sale 2 houses down from where we are now. If we could, we would jump on it right away. It was built in 1840 and was a barn until the early 1900's when it was turned into a tavern. After a little research we found out the name of it was "Oak Tree Tavern." It was remodeled in the 1970's and has been a residence ever since. It sits on 13 acres and is 3600 square feet. The price is UNBELIEVABLE ($159,000...which leads us to believe that it is too good to be true. With a house that old, you never know what it could be. 13 acres alone usually costs more out here. Anyway...when you walk in the front door, the entire place is open all the way up to the ceiling. It has old wood floors and old barn beams. There's a big wood stove in the middle, and the original bar area from the tavern to the right. There's also a wood and glass phone booth. Stairs go up to the bedrooms and bathroom (3br 1 bath) and the banisters and everything overlook the rest of the place. It's all open and...amazing. We are in love. It's pretty much impossible for us to buy it right now. We don't have a down payment and our house hasn't sold. But it's nice to dream, isn't it? *Sigh*Anyway, I have been working on my blog, and it's really doing wonderfully! Check it out and also check out some of the sites I have on the left site...my blogroll. Lots of awesome blogs there too. I've had almost 1,000 hits in 2 weeks which is exciting for me. www.niftythriftyhomemaker.blogspot.com
PS - Deanna, the blanket you helped make with Grandma Poulsen is BEAUTIFUL!!! We love it. Cora said "awwwwww! blanket!" when she saw it. She loves it.
2 comments:
I'm glad she likes it!!! Maybe some day we'll get blankets for our boys from Grandma...maybe. :) Funny how the shoemaker's kids are barefoot!
I love the look of that house!!! i want to move there!!!
I have some fun family pictures to post...so keep watching...Maybe not tonight, but soon! And I want to see some pics from your fun week!!! When you get the time, of course!
That house looks and sounds so cool. I have always thought something like that with such history would be fun to live in. Maybe it is just the economy that is making it so affordable. I wish you guys were able to get the house. You never know we bought our house with no $ down.
Post a Comment