We finally got the gas company here to hook up the gas stove downstairs in our apartment. We couldn't use an electric stove because the 220 plug is being used by the dryer, and the wiring in my parents house is too old to handle more than the 220's it already has. They are getting electrical work done soon, but that's another story.
Anyways, so we now have a full working kitchen downstairs. I baked chocolate chip & peanut butter chip scones, and they were the best scones I've ever had. So good! I'm so happy to finally be able to cook in my own kitchen again.
I can't believe it's June already! Two weeks from tomorrow, we close on our house. I am beyond excited. It will be so nice to have that taken care of...a burden lifted off of us.
My photography business is really slow right now. Between the economy and the stiff competition, it's been tough. I have ads EVERYWHERE but no bites except for from friends and whatnot. And even then, nothing solid, just showing interest. I'm dying to get out and use my camera, I have so many ideas, and a new lens I can't wait to use.
Today was Justin's day off, (although he has to work tonight) so we decided to look at a couple houses, one of which is only $90,000. It's just over the line of Connecticut, has almost 1/2 acre of land, and it's a cute old farmhouse. When I say old, I mean OLD. Built in 1800, which is the norm around here actually. We're really interested so we're going to do a walk-through.
In the afternoon we decided to get some friends together and make the long trek to Cabela's. The one near Hartford CT is the closest around, which is an hour drive, but it's a nice scenic drive. While we were there, Cora spotted a balloon that just happened to say "Red Robin" on it. I LOVE Red Robin and didn't know there were any around here. I love the whiskey bbq chicken wrap! So we got directions and headed there for dinner. I was so excited, I've been craving Red Robin since we left Idaho!
That's about it. No new interesting photos, just some butterfly shots and the like. Been busy making the apartment look nicer, and Justin's been working 12 hour nights. It's supposed to be 90 degrees this weekend, so I'm hoping Justin will skip at least one optional overtime shift to go to the beach!
Cabelas red robin
11 years ago
2 comments:
WOW!!! Sounds like you guys have been busy!!! And Congrats on the stove - I bet you're WAY excited to have a place of your own to cook!
What kind of camera do you have? Ryan just got a new one that he is having WAY too much fun with!!! But I think I'm falling in love with it too. the Cannon EOS 40D - That's whats on it, but I don't know what it's 'real name' is - maybe that's it.
I love your pictures, too!!!
So glad you guys are doing well!
We'd love to upgrade to a house, too! HaHA!!! With our 'fancy' purchases, I think we'll be in our cozy little apartment for a while! Hope you have a great day!
Post a Comment