Wednesday, June 25, 2008

He provides.

The other day I took Cora strawberry picking at a local farm. She actually did a good job picking the nice, ripe, red berries, but I don't think even one of them made it into the basket. At least she enjoyed herself. I picked 7 pounds of berries! So for the next week we had strawberries with pretty much everything. I made a strawberry chicken salad, had strawberries and granola, strawberry shortcake, strawberries on french toast, and I made an -awesome- strawberry bread. (It's not a yeast bread, more like a cake) I'm down to one small bowl and I am thinking of making some strawberry scones, since they are too ripe to eat alone. 

We're working on getting someone to install sprinklers in our house in Idaho. It looks like we'll be paying around $1300. We were worried about money, but God has been providing for us, with an unexpected raise among other things. It's amazing how God always comes through when you give it all to Him in faith. 

The weather has been beautiful! Right now I'm sitting outside with the laptop (we're borrowing it from a friend) while Cora plays in the splash pool and runs around the yard.  I have to take pictures of the apartment and the yard to post. The yard is just gorgeous, 3 acres partially wooded (but thin woods, so you can see the kids while they're playing) and green grass with fruit trees and a frog pond. And it's all surrounded by woods. The apartment is coming out nicely too. We're done working on it for a while. 

Not much else to talk about. I'm making a rack of ribs for dinner, and Justin is going to get a physical for work, then coming home. He doesn't have to work tonight, so I'm happy about that. 

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Those strawberries sound yummy! They're Tanner's favorite! Glad everything is going well...