Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Six Years Ago...

Six years ago today, Justin and I had our first date. I remember the first time I ever saw him. I couldn't believe how attractive he was. (I'm not making that up, really!) I thought I had no chance with him. We became friends, but I was dating someone else. When we broke up, Justin jumped right in. I remember being at track practice, and he came up to the track wearing his cowboy hat, and asked me to be his date for his senior prom. I thought we were going as friends, but when he picked me up, in the car he took my hand and told me I looked beautiful. I was 15 (turning 16 the next day!) and he was 19. That night was amazing. Ever since then, we've been inseperable.
I am so grateful to have such a wonderful man in my life. He has always encouraged me to be who I really am, and follow my dreams. He always treats me with respect. And I never remember having more fun in my entire life than I have had with him.
My love for him grows stronger each and every day. He is the only person who has ever loved me unconditionally and taken care of me. He is my best friend, my lover, my playmate, my companion.

He is an amazing husband. He is a hard worker and never complains about having to work to support his family. He is supportive of me being a stay-at-home mother, and once told me he would rather take on a second job than force me to work. He always takes the time to play with Cora and teach her new things, which makes me love him even more. I could never ask for a better father for my child.

We have had trials in our relationship through the years, but somehow, we always make it through. I know I can rely on him to be there whenever I need him most.

I know today isn't our wedding anniversary, so technically, it's not supposed to be a big deal. Yet, I can't help but celebrate how far we've come.

I know we will go through so much more in the future....but I know we can make it through.


"Therefore, what God has joined together, let no man separate." - Mark 10:9

Happy Six Years my husband...

No comments: