We decided to have Cora dedicated this Sunday at church. It's called a parent-child dedication, which means we are vowing to represent the Lord in the nuturing and raising of our daughter. We stand in front of the church and the Pastor prays for our family. Sunday also happens to be my birthday, so I am excited to have that on the same day as the dedication.Cora never ceases to amaze me. She is so smart. The other day, she walked up to our computer with a pair of ear buds, and plugged them into the headphone jack on the computer tower. She loves doing that kind of stuff. Today Justin was playing Zelda on N64 and Cora found that if she plugged a cord into the side of the television, the screen would turn off. Justin kept telling her no, but she just laughed at him. I couldn't help but laugh either. She is picking up new words everyday. One of her new favorites is "horse". She's still using baby sign launguage a bit, mostly to tell me if she wants a snack or drink. I am starting to teach her more signs for the things she can't say and she is picking them up quickly. I can't believe how big our little girl is. She's already fitting into 2T clothes!
We can't wait for our house to sell. The market around here is really coming around to our advantage. I love my family, but staying here, although we have our own 'apartment', is getting difficult. We have had our eye on a few different houses. We decided that when it's time to buy, we are going to get something we can be happy with for a long time, because with this economy, who knows how long we'd have to wait before selling. So we need a minimum of 3 bedrooms and an acre of land. I think we could settle for 1/2 acre but the more the better. We know God has something planned, but sometimes it's so hard to remain patient.
No comments:
Post a Comment