Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trunk or Treat

Cora was spoiled this passed weekend! She went to trunk or treat at my church and Justin's church. (One Saturday night and one Sunday night) They were both so much fun. This photo was taken at my church on Sunday. (Being the awful photographer I am, I brought my camera but forgot BOTH memory cards...a friend sent me this pic) Their trunk or treat was HUGE! There were over 40 trunks and tons of people. We brought Jack and Cora walked him around with her basket. (She loves walking him on the leash) Everyone thought it was cute that they were "Dorothy and Toto". We're going to go to my grandparent's house tomorrow night to do some trick or treating in their neighborhood. We were fortunate that the weather was beautiful for trunk or treat, but tomorrow we won't be so lucky, it's supposed to be cold!

I am so excited...yesterday one of my photographer friends came over to do a family photo shoot for us. She did it for free, which was a blessing! I'm going to do family portraits of them come spring, so it's a win-win situation. She let me take a peek at the shots she took (when they were still on her camera) and they look great. This is the first time we've had family portraits done so I am excited to finally have nice portraits. She's uploading them tonight so hopefully I'll get to see them soon!

Today I got a call from our realtor about someone interested in renting. I called the lady to talk with her myself. She's a single mom with 6 kids. Yes, SIX, ages 11, 10, 5, 3, 2, and 7 months. WOW. Anyways, her landlord is divorcing his wife and selling the place she rents, so she needs to find a new place ASAP. She has been by our house several times and really wants to rent it. My realtor is considering being the property manager for us, (she's the best, really, she's awesome) so she's helping us get this all going. Hopefully it works out. She's also talking to a lender tomorrow about possibly buying, but we'll see. It would take a load off just for her to rent for 6 months or more.

By the way, today is Nation Vampire Awareness Day. Check out my blog post for more info: http://niftythriftyhomemaker.blogspot.com/2008/10/national-vampire-awareness-day.html


2 comments:

Deanna said...

Why, what a darlin little Dorothy and Toto!

Tiffany said...

How freakin cute. You guys lucked out having a cute kid, Ya know, with how weird ass justin looks. Ha. JK!